Wednesday, June 17, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Happy Anniversary.... 3 Years Today :)

Alan returned home from his mission in November of 2005 and shortly after we began dating. It was a little difficult because I was 3 hours away at college but we made it work. I would come home almost every weekend or Alan would come visit me. From the time Alan got home from his mission to the time that we were married I knew that I would spend the rest of my life with him, I just didn’t think it would happen as fast as it did. My twin brother was leaving on his mission and I told Alan that he had to marry me before Thomas left or he would have to wait until he came home because I wasn’t going to get married while he was gone. As the months past my family kept asking us when we were going to get engaged. My mom has always enjoyed Alan being part of our family and wanted to make it permanent. Therefore, in March Alan and I went with my Aunt and her family to Salt Lake City for general conference. On March 31, 2006 Alan and I were engaged! We were in the Joseph Smith building on the 10 floor looking out at the temple when Alan said “I do not think this dating thing is working!” I said “Huh” and he got on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said “YES!” After that day we began working hard on wedding invitations and getting everything ready for our special day. We set the date for June 17, 2006 which is 3 years today in the Arizona temple.

Engagment pictures




Our wedding day was perfect. That morning Alan came and picked up me and my mom from my parents house to drive to the temple. When wer got to the temple we entered the room where all of our friends and family were waiting and we got married for time and all eternity. It is the best thing that has happened to us.


After we went to have lunch, after lunch Alan and I checked into our hotel room and then went to the church building where we would have our reception. Our reception was beautiful! We had a really fun time at our reception, lots of food and dancing. Alan and I really wanted to make our reception a celebration where everyone could eat and have fun. My dad was able to make all of the food before and then we had friends put it out on the serving table for us. Everyone really enjoyed the food, and the reception!
After our reception we were able to leave and go on a cruise. We left from L.A California and we went to San Diego, Catalina, Ensenda and then back to L.A. it was a 4 day 3 night cruise. After the cruise we went straight to Alan's family reunion which was in Globe. After the family reunion we went and stayed with Alan's brother for a few days until we would get in our condo. We lived in our condo from July until November. We bought a house and are now currently living in it.
These are the pictures that we went and took at Sears the day of our first year anniversary.








Here is a picture of our second year anniversary.

And our third year Anniversary.

I am really grateful to be married to Alan. He works really hard to be able to provide for our family. Even though we do not have kids right now every day Alan is preparing our future for them.






2 comments:

Blackson family said...

Congrats on 3 amazing years. It goes by quick.

MOORE FAMILY said...

Congrats on being married for 3 years. By the way I was in the car too when Alan picked you and mom up.